Monday, December 04, 2006

It's Here!

The Christmas Season is here!

I've been trying to update for a few days now but haven't had the opportunity as DH has been using the digital. However, now that I am here blogging, I realize I need not have fretted about it since blogger is not currently offering the picture upload option. Well, that's just ducky!

So, I have a lot of time to make up for and I offer you these two ideas.

The first is an easy, no sew craft that I picked up from an old Woman's World. Simply take a Santa hat or a stocking (I bought mine from the dollar store!), stuff with stuffing (I used fiber from an old pillow) and hot glue the opening closed! That's it! Sooo cute!!




















The materials, the stuffing, and the gluing closed!




















The finished pillows on the couch! The kids fell in love with them so I had to make two more of each. Please excuse the mess of my husband's office in the background. He's getting ready to move it's local.












The next is a fast and easy fudge recipe that I got from an email list I am on. The possibilites are only limited to your imagination!

1 12 oz bag chips (chocolate, peanut butter, mint, cherry, ect. whatever you want)
1 container frosting (any flavor you want. Not whipped)

Generously grease a 8x8 inch pan. Melt the chips in the microwave or over low heat. Add the frosting and mix until well combined. Pour into pan and let set! That's it! So far I've used chocolate chips with cream cheese frosting, cherry chips with chocolate frosting, and mint chips with chocolate frosting.

As soon as I'm able, I'll post pictures! And I'll be back tomorrow with more fun ideas!

No comments: