Monday, November 27, 2006

Around the corner

Thanksgiving has passed and you know what that means! Christmas is right around the corner! Now, I know there a lot of you out there that have started putting out Christmas decor. In fact, I'm sure some of you have even put up your tree. I, however, can not even fathom putting up anything until December 1. I don't if it's because I primarily have Winter decor with a few Christmas touches and don't count my Winter season starting until December or if it's because I want to enjoy the Autumn season just a bit more. Whatever the reason, no cheery Holiday decorations in my house until Friday!

In fact, I even got a Christmas card(!) that is sitting forlornly on the counter, waiting to be placed somewhere!

The one thing I have started doing though is my holiday goodie making! So far I have pumpkin fudge, mock turtles, mallownut bars, and double peppermint bark all sitting in the freezer patiently waiting to be packaged up and given as gifts. I will be sharing those recipes and more with you as the weeks progress. Also on the list of goodies to make are thin mints, hard candy, peanut brittle, buttery cashew crunch, sugar cookies, chocolate covered peanut butter balls, and chocolate covered peanut butter cracker sandwhiches. Oh, and pretzel kisses (for lack of a better term) and truffles. I think that's everything!

I will also be sharing my simple Christmas/Winter decor (everything fits into three boxes!)

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Sounds great!
I keep all our decorations in three boxes, and I always breathe a sigh of relief when even that small amount is packed away in January!