Thursday, May 03, 2007

A Long Time Coming

So, first of all, most of the month of April was pretty rotten. It started with Mr. P and Miss A getting ear infections. Then, Miss R and I got strep. Then DH got food poisoning (not from me!) Then we had a good friend visit from England for a few days and another friend came home from Iraq (civilian) for a visit. Spent some time trying to get the house back in order from that and DH and I got a cold. Then to top everything off my dad had a heart attack. He's doing well (thankfully!), but it was still a tough thing to go through. Now on to better things!

The Pink and Green Swap!
This is what I got from my swap partener, Dolores. A whole plethra of goodies! Stickers, soap, seeds, sponges (Miss R took the pink one and made an elephant out of it!), post-its, post cards, tissue paper, pez, plant holder, hot pad, raffia, ink pads, note cards, vintage grapes.

In case you've forgotten, the premis was to send things that spell SPRING in the colors of pink and green.


This is what I sent to her. A saucer for trinkets, scrapbook paper, a polka dot bag (I made that), ribbon, ice cream bowls, note cards, glass cutting board (can you believe how perfect that is? Not only is it pink and green and fulfill the letter G nicely, I thrifted that baby for 1.95!!!)

I'm looking forward to the next swap. Nothing has been spilled yet, but I have a feeling about what the colors will be. At least I'm hoping as I've already started buying! lol!


Last, but not least, here are some items I thrifted when I got the cutting board.
A polka dot skort (isn't it cute?) with great shoes to match, some books, a sorting toy for Mr H, and some Stampin' Up stamps!

1 comment:

Lena said...

Oh my goodness, what a time you've had! I'm so glad to hear that everyone's on the mend. It's really good news that your dad is recovering well. I know how scary that can be. Both of my parents had heart attacks before they turned 50 and then my dad and father in law had others. Whew!
Your swaps are lovely...coming and going, and that cutting board is perfect!