Friday, October 20, 2006

Just because

I have been bothered of late with certain vibes I am getting from some people. I think (and I do believe I am correct in this thinking) that certain "friends" do not want me hanging around simply because I have four young children. Now, all of these "friends" are female, they are all married, however, only one of them has any children and she just has one. They often get together and do things. I know this because one "friend" will sit and talk to me about what they all do. Am I wrong to be hurt by this? Just because I have four children doesn't mean I can't go do things too. Just because I have four children doesn't make me any less of a person. It's not like I talk about them ad nauseum. It's just frustrating to me and I'm not sure what, if anything, to do about it. Just needed to vent.

3 comments:

Lena said...

Oh Dear, this is a hard thing that sometimes happens when people are at different places in their lives. Try to let go of the hurt feelings. I'm sure your friends wouldn't want you to feel bad. Sometimes people sort of come in and out of each others lives depending on what is happening at the moment. It can be lonely being the mom sometimes. Look for another mom who might be feeling the same as you and be her friend. Believe me, this is a common thing that happens and there are other moms out there that would be grateful for your friendship. That's what I did while my son was young and that person has become my lifetime friend and our children are like family. We've had a lot of fun together with and without our children. Take care.

Homekeeper Mom said...

I understand sweetie!! I too have been having friend issues lately, although my situation is different than yours. I am sorry that you are feeling sad, maybe you can try to make new friends? I am so sorry! (((HUGS)))

Mom said...

Thank you Ladies, for your kind words! They certainly brightened my day!