Saturday, March 25, 2006

Peeping Friday

I was reading some blogs and found this idea. Okay, so I know it's not Friday! Yesterday was a bit busy, to say the least! Mom came home from the hospital (she's doing well, just very sore.) Anyway, here is my first peeping Friday...a small glimpse into what I'm doing.









I love Paula Deen. She has to be one of my favorite people on the Food Network. She just comes across as so warm and genuine, you just know that she has to be that way in person! One of my seceret dreams is to be able to go to Savanah and dine at her resteraunt: The Lady and Sons. So, for Christmas, my mom gave me two Paula Deen cookbooks, one of them being "Just Desserts". Well, there was a recipe in there for Cheese Fudge. I've seen this recipe before but I've never really thought about making it. Seeing it in Paula's book convinced me that maybe I should try it out. So I did. And is it ever good! You really can't tell there's cheese in it! Go on...I know you want to try too!


Peanut Butter Cheese Fudge

1/2 pound Velveeta cheese, sliced
2 sticks butter
1 cup peanut butter (I used a litle more than that)
2 pounds powdered sugar


Melt the cheese and butter together. Stir in peanut butter until smooth. Put the powdered sugar in a bowl. Pour the peanut butter/cheese mixture over the powdered sugar; stir in. You will probably need to use your hands to knead it all together. Dough will be stiff! Pat into a greased 9" square pan . Press a papertowel on top to absorb excess grease (from butter). There is also a recipe for chocolate fudge using the same basic recipe, but I prefer peanut butter! (Sorry Kayla! lol!)



2 comments:

Kayla said...

This looks like fun too! Too bad I'm finding it on Saturday and I'll forget by Friday!

Roy said...

Hisssss...

Velveeta is evil. It is an affront to call that stuff cheese.

Eeevil Velveeta. Booo.