Monday, March 13, 2006

We've all been a bit under the weather the past few days. We're recuperating nicely though, just in time for the weather to go from nice to cold again and for us to get sick!

My sweet baby is cutting his third tooth!

I may have a summer job working at the preschool I worked at the past two years. A little extra income foe me and some summer fun for my two oldest kids...sounds good to me!

I made a delicious recipe this week. It's from a wonderful cookbook that my lovely MIL is letting me borrow. Since it was a new recipe and I wasn't sure if we'd like it, I haved it, but I needn't have worried! It was a hit! Even my SDH who doesn't like cobbler loved it!

Fresh Strawberry Cobbler

4 cups strawberries
2/3 cup sugar
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 1/2 cups water
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp sugar
Cobbler Topping (recipe follows)

Make cobbler topping and set aside. In a saucepan combine the 2/3 cup of sugar, cornstarch, and water. Cook and stir til thick and bubbly. Cut any large berries in half. Add berries to mixture in saucepan; cook and stir till bubbly, about 5 minutes more. Stir in vanilla. Turn into 2 quart casserole. Drop topper into 8 mounds on top of hot fruit. Sprinkle with the 1 Tbsp of sugar. Bake at 425 degrees for about 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with vanilla ice cream!

Cobbler Topping

1 cup all purpose flour
2 Tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 butter or margarine
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup milk

Stir together dry ingredients. Cut in butter until crumbly. Combine egg and milk; add to dry mixture. Stir just until moistened. Continue as directed in recipe.


And here's the highlight of my week:

My oldest DD was playing with some stick on letters her Grandma had gotten her. She took a "T", handed it to me and said, "here Mommy! This one's for you!" (She's 5.5) "Oh! Thank you!, " I replied. "And what does the T stand for? Tolerable?" I giggled. She said, "No! T is for Terriffic!" Then she turned to me with that sweet, sweet smile that just melts my heart and said "But you're more than terriffic Mommy!"

No comments: