Sunday, February 18, 2007

My Home This Week

Well! Lots going on this week. We had Valentine's Day, of course. The children and I talked about St. Valentine and touched a bit on St. Patrick. Miss M got registered for Preschool for the upcoming year. We submitted an application for Mr P to attend the same school as Miss R. Mr H had a Dr. appointment where we found out he is in the 75th percentile for his height and the 97th percentile for his weight ~smile~ He's my chunky monkey boy!

*I found some plastic bowl covers at my local drugstore. A set of six for only $1!

*Miss R is doing excellent with her reading and math skills. I'm so proud of her!

*Mr H is talking more and more every day. He amazes us with what comes out of his mouth! He also had his first taste of sushi and he loved it! (Just to clarify, sushi does not contain raw fish!)

*I decided to take up One Stroke painting again. I did some self teaching years ago and took one class. It's a lot of fun; I just put it away for whatever reason. I've taken out again for me!

*I tried a new piecrust recipe today. Very easy:Mix together 1 cup flour and 1/4 cup sugar. Cut in 1 stick of butter until crumbly. Press into pie plate and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until brown.

*I revamped my routines! I've taken ideas from here, here, and here and have come up with a plan that I think is going to work well. It's been a week and so far every thing is going smoothly!

I think that's it for this week!

No comments: