Monday, February 26, 2007

So, I mentioned yesterday that this week I will be sharing my cleaning activities with you.

Monday's are the day I use to do my home blessing. If you are familiar with Flylady, then you are familiar with this concept. However, I don't do it just like she does! This is what is done on Monday:

In the kitchen-
  • Sink gets scrubbed
  • Any hotspots are cleared
  • Counters are wiped down
In the bathrooms-

  • Toilet cleaned inside and out
  • Spot clean walls
  • Wipe baseboards
  • Wipe down door
  • Wipe counters and sink
  • Scrub tub
  • Wipe switchplates
  • Sweep and mop floor
In the Living Room/Dining Room/Play Area
  • Polish furniture
  • Windex glass surfaces
  • Straighten entertainment center
  • Wipe switchplates
  • Wipe baseboards
  • Spot clean walls
  • Vacuum
It sound like a lot, but it actually does not take that much time at all. I also have what I call projects. These are things I rotate weekly.

These are the projects for the Living Room/Dining Room/Play Area:
Week 1-Clean under the couch and chairs
Week 2-Vacuum under chair and couch cushions/vacuum along baseboards
Week 3-Straighten toys
Week 4-Polish inside of china cabinet/vacuum along baseboards

Again, this doesn't take much time once the routines are established.

2 comments:

Homekeeper Mom said...

Wow! You have been busy!

~Candi (Homekeeper at Heart)

Jodi Ohl said...

This is exactly what I need....some sort of routine!!!! I usually do my hard jobs either Tuesday or Wednesday nite, and spot clean 1/2 hour a nite and like you, rotate something something more taxing weekly. I try not to do a whole lot of cleaning on the weekend so I can enjoy it that's why I kick it up a notch during the week--I'm already tired from work so why keep it up for another hour or so then for the most part, my weekends are duty free (except for laundry...ugghhh..and spot cleaning).

lucy