Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I have this cookbook, Fix It and Forget It, that my mom gave me eons ago. I've used it, but only every so often and only if I can't find something that looks better. Don't get me wrong, I love my crockpot, but there are some recipes in that book that are a bit...er, creative. I prefer to stick to my traditional TNT recipes. However, as I was flipping through it trying to find a recipe for my MIL, I came across this gem. It sounds pretty darn good and we will be trying it for dinner tomorrow. I will let you know how it turns out!

Zippy Beef Tips
Maryann Westerberg

2 pounds stewing meat, cubed
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
10 3/4 can cream of mushroom soup
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
1 cup 7-Up or other lemon-lime carbonated beverage

1. Place meat and mushrooms in slow cooker.
2. Combine mushroom soup, soup mix, and soda. Pour over meat.
3. Cover and cook on low 8 hours.
4. Serve over rice.

2 comments:

Darla said...

So did you try the recipe? How did it come out? I recall quite a number of years ago there were lots of recipes making the rounds that contained soda but I didn't try any of them.

Darla

Vallen said...

Oh I used to make this all the time when I first got married, but not with the sweetness. I love cooking in a crockpot. The flavors are always so rich and mellowed.